Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Carpet or monkey?

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

I was waiting for someone to call me for a meeting that was in the other building. I had a previous meeting that had ended late, and I was hoping I could dial in to the next one (instead of walking over and being 20 minutes late.

B was talking to me about work stuff and I was telling him that I needed a magic carpet to fly over to the other building. Then I got to thinking...

(brace yourself)

Would you rather have a flying carpet or a flying monkey?

I saw some major earning potential with both. But of all the people polled (well, not officially, they just overheard my line of questioning) they chose the carpet.

Less maintenance.

Honestly though. How does one control a flying carpet? With all the concerns about safety nowadays, wouldn't a flying carpet be rather dangerous?

I never did get that call.

-Kirk

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How would the flying monkey take you to your meeting? Would it hold on to you with its feet and then fly you? Would you make your monkey wear diapers to avoid those embarassing accidents? What's the monkey's name? Can it talk as well as fly?

What color is the carpet?

 
At 11:06 PM EDT, Blogger kirk said...

Well, I was thinking of the flying monkey as a flying monkey, not necessarily a form of transportation. :)

My carpet would be different. Not your stereotypical carpet.

My carpet would be round. No fringe. Fringe is evil to vacuums.

-Kirk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home