Thursday, August 04, 2005

Travelin' man.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

Today we were talking at work that the traditional organ has been noticeably absent from modern music.

Seriously - Back in the 60s you couldn't listen to a song that didn't have an organ jamming in the background during a instrumental portion of the song. For instance, in that song by the Zombies, Time of the Season there is some great organ playing in the last 2/3 of the song.

Come on, you know the song:
What's your name?
Who's your daddy?
Is he rich like me?

(sing it with me now!)

Anyway, so yeah, I think we should bring back the organ. And not just in ballparks either.

I remember playing an organ at my piano teacher's house. I remember the multi level keyboard, the big colorful levers and switches, and the foot pedals. Good times.

And then, what ever happened to the calliope?

Anyway... what else...

At the end of the month, I'm going to Washington D.C. to visit my grad school buddy and his wife. I'm slowly filling up the travelling quota for the year. Major props to Spirit Airlines for offering to get me there for less than 100 bucks!

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home