Sunday, June 01, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you're having a good weekend. It's pretty early now - Normally, I'd be sleeping until noon-ish.

My mom and I went to go pick up my dad at the airport this morning. Pretty damn early. His plane came in from LAX at like 5:40 a.m. Nutty. I'm a little tired. I didn't get too much sleep last night either.

Friday night / Saturday morning, I went to sleep at like 3:00 a.m. One of my mom's flowers bloomed and I spent a good 3 hours trying different ways to take pictures of it. No matter what I did, I wasn't satisfied. It was kind of maddening. I seriously took a truckload a pictures. Even on fully automatic, I was still not getting the look that I wanted. The pictures would look good on the tiny lcd screen, but it looked crappy on the regular screen.

So, I went to sleep at 3, had to get up Saturday morning about 6 hours later to do some administrative stuff, and go meet up with Nichole in Rochester. By some weird fluke, I managed to get to Starbucks 30 minutes before I need to be. I guess stuff didn't take as long as I thought it would. Anyway, I just took the extra time to sit in one of the comfy armchairs and just relaxed. I did some light surfing on my new phone (but got bored pretty easily), so I started to pepole watch and started to doze off (surprise surprise) here and there..

I was there for a good 45 mins to an hour before Nichole showed up, sipping on my Tazo Zen Tea. The best thing about Starbucks is that the whole experience feels familiar and comfortable. Even though I'd never been to this particular cafe before. I dunno, I guess if you've been to one Starbucks in Michigan, you've been to all of them - They all have that same type of look that I love.

Anyway, we tried to go see Finding Nemo but we ended up not going because the theater looked super busy. Maybe not on opening weekend. We did some light shopping, drank some beverages, and had some dessert. Good stuff.

Not sure what's on the schedule for today. A nap probably. It's a tad cold though. I probably need to wash my car - I haven't done it in a week or so.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home