Friday, August 12, 2005

Ooooh. Music videos.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

I'm sure you can guess that I long for the days of music videos on TV (since I always write about it when I see them). Well today, the music video powers that be smiled and I caught the last half of the VH1 Top 20 Video Countdown.

It's cool to know that artists are still making music videos. But I don't get where they're being shown. It can't be worth it to create a music video for just a few hours of airplay per week on countdown shows, is it? Obviously I need to find out where these music video venues are...

I think I was in a crusty mood today. Of the videos I saw, I was not really that impressed:
  • Coldplay, Speed of sound - What is up with the low cost video? The 80s called, and they want their video back. Doing the extra camera clockwise / counterclockwise rotation does not make it more cool.
  • Lifehouse, You and me - Who came up with this idea? It's the basis of many a love story. Girl leaves guy. Girl goes to train station. Guy goes looking for girl but keeps missing her. Guy thinks he's found her, but it's actually some other girl. Guy keeps on looking and finds girl on train platform. Words are exchanged (kisses too). Train leaves station without girl. The end. (bleh)
  • Mariah Carey, Shake it off - Only caught parts of this one, but it looks like it has all the same elements as all of her other videos. Satin, wind, and lots of prancing.

Man, I'm crusty.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home