Thursday, July 21, 2005

Tattoo envy.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. After I came home, it felt like a Friday.

So what's been going on?

Saturday I was at Best Buy and I was standing in line behind some dude with major tattoos on both of his arms.

I like tattoos as much as the next guy, but the majority of the ones that I've seen on people are your garden variety skull and crossbones, roses, cartoon characters, logos, or tribal stuff. But for the first time, I saw something different.

And I thought it was pretty cool.

I don't know what he had on the fronts of his arms, but on the back part of his upper arms, he had these colorful rectangles that had vivid color segments separated by freeform black lines. It reminded me of an abstract painting I had seen once.

I liked the colors, but the best part was that the tattoos weren't just flat colors. I'm talking about how the colors were shaded to look like watercolor. I was thoroughly impressed by the artist's skillz. I would imagine it's pretty difficult getting the shading effect injecting dye into someone's skin. But that's just me... I had enough time just doing shading with watercolor.

I don't think I liked the tattoo enough to get one, but still.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home