Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mister Donut - I love you.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well. I can't believe I forgot about Mister Donut in the recap...

Taiwan is a melting pot of different cultures. There's stuff from Japan, the United States, Europe, etc. But this trip my cousin helped me discover the wonders of Mister Donut. Please be warned that the Taiwanese site homepage has a rather loud sound clip so be warned. Behold the Taiwanese Mister Donut site. Here's a link to the quieter Japanese Mister Donut site.

And I've verified that it is indeed #1 in Japan :)

I love these donuts. If you've stopped buying donuts because they're too sweet (think of those evil donuts that have the initials of KK) - Mister Donut is perfect for you. In the store, there's a brochure you can look at when ordering your Mister Donuts. And there's a rating of how sweet it is (relative to the other Mister Donuts). Even the sweetest one is not super sweet according to American sandards.

Here's a look at all of the fine donuts you can buy. My favorite is the Custard French. But it's not just your run of the mill French Cruller. It's dipped in chocolate. And, it's got custard goo inside.

And yes, the goo makes it that much better.

Next I have to show you the Triple Chocola. This version of the Cruller is chocolate, filled with chocolate goo, and dipped in chocolate.

So tasty!

And finally, I had a Pon De Ring. Yes it does look like a teething ring. But I wanted to try it to see if the shape made a difference.

It does. It helps you gauge how much to eat at once.

Oh yeah, I've also had the Chcolate, which is pretty much what it looks like. A chocolate glazed tonut. Kind of like a chcolate donut hole, but bigger.

Mister Donut will be one of the reasons why I go back to Taiwan.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home