Friday, November 25, 2005

W sounds like an F

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

Next time I travel internationally, I need to make a visit to Poland. I think I would enjoy it there... A lot.

We'll leave it at that.

On the technology front, I have finally joined the hip mp3 player movement - Thanks to my brother, I'm now the proud owner of my own engraved black iPod nano. It's chock full with 776 of my carefully selected and favorite tunes. This thing is crazy small, and the sound quality is excellent. My tunes sound pretty groovy on it. My only complaint is that it is a bitch to keep clean.

The second I took my pristine nano out of the protective "Do not steal music" sleeve, the iPod was like Pigpen.

Except it's always covered in fingerprints, instead of dirt.

To help keep my iPod clean I'm going to have to scrub up like a surgeon and wear rubber gloves before listening to music.

I gotta hand it to the fine people at Apple. The packaging for the nano was pretty neat. I especially appreciated the hermetically sealed accessories (usb cable and earbuds that I have yet to open - I had to use the usb cable). I think a high quality vacuum seal would have made the experience marginally better.

I could imagine the woosh I'd hear when slicing the package open.

Enough to make my ears pop.

So far, the nano is a definite win. I will love it when I make my trip to the homeland on Wednesday.

Yes, it's Wednesday. I can't believe it's coming up so fast.

The weather site says that it's 75 degrees F out there right now. So that should be nice. Although I'm not totally tired of the snow yet.

Soon.

So let's see, what else has been going on ...

K has gotten me hooked on Nip Tuck. She let me borrow her season 1 on DVD and I've been watching it off and on. I didn't think I'd enjoy the show, but it's become almost a guilty pleasure.

Although the plastic surgery scenes make me queasy. Not like I want to yack, but just a not so comfortable feeling.

But the people who edit the show do a good job with mixing together the right amounts of realism and television reality so it's not too bad. I must say, the best part of watching the series on DVD is that there's no commercials, and I don't have to wait until the next week for stuff to happen.

I want to watch all my shows this way.

-Kirk

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So let's see, what else has been going on ..."

How about TURNING 30!!!

JDO

 
At 2:50 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only complaint is that it is a bitch to keep clean.

don't they have any protective skin that you can buy, like for the mini ipods?

 
At 5:52 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Kirk. Why don't you get one of those cases? :-)

JDO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home