Saturday, July 12, 2003

"Holy Catfish!"

Hey all,

Hope you're doing well.

It has become quite the tumultuous time for me as of late. More on that in sec.

So happy birthday to Elizabeth today (it's still Friday for me). We all had some good times eating and gambling (some more than others).

Anyway, back to the tumultous time. Now Tumultuous. That's a very expensive word. Odd, it just popped into my head though. Not important. So you're probably asking what the opening quote was all about. That's what the gift certificate lady at the shopping mecca said when she found out that I was 27 when she thought I was 12 to 16. :) And no, I'm totally not making this up.

I should have known something was goofy when she asked if the credit card that I was using to pay for my purchase was actually mine, or my mom or dad's. Not in a fradulent way, just to make sure that my name was on the card and I could actually sign for my purchases. There was a sign next to the desk saying how only individuals whose name was on the credit card could sign for purchases.

She even carded me. I was making small talk with her, and just for shits and giggles, I asked her how old she thought I was. Once I told her (as I was giving her my ID), that's when her jaw dropped open and she said, "Holy catfish!" I guess she's not a big fan of mackerel? She would have scored major points with me if she had said the "saltier" version of that comment, but oh well. I think she was a little embarrassed, but I assured her it was ok. I wasn't offended (I wasn't really at the time). It made for a good story though.

Until it happened again. Later the same evening.

The dude checking IDs at the door of the establishment we were visiting clocked me at 16 as well. He too was surprised when he saw how old I was on my ID. Crizaziness.

I gotta start dressing differently or something. That's why I can never get the ladies to notice me. ;) They probably think I'm some punk high school kid. I know, one day I will want to look younger than I actually am. Maybe then I'll be able to get the young ladies to notice me ;)

Oh yeah, and then the other revelation that I had...

Button fly jeans. Not practical as an everyday jeans. If you must buy/have them, then the less buttons for the fly, the better.

Don't get me wrong, I think button fly jeans are fun, amusing, and sexy when they're coming off (of someone else), but for everyday "maintenance" activities (e.g., restroom business), it's a pain in the ass. I think I must have buttoned and unbuttoned those 5 buttons on the fly for what seemed like a million times today. Just from the water I drink at work and at meals. Sheesh. Maybe I'm just not adept at the button and unbutton process yet. Or, the jeans are still too new so the button holes aren't loosened up yet. Hmmm. We'll have to see. I've just been lazy and just rip the buttons open - with my luck, one of those buttons is going to go flying. Into the toilet...

Wouldn't that be just grand? Glad I haven't been in a hurry to go.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home