Thursday, July 03, 2003

Hey all,

Ahh, the shortened workweek. I think a 4 day workweek is perfect. I used to work four 40 hour days at my first real job. The 3 day weekends were pretty swank. I probably took it for granted though (after a while). Now I will appreciate it :) Plus, I didn't have to work 40 hours ;)

My posture while sitting is really bad. I'm starting to realize it now (not because someone mentioned it, mind you), but how my arse and legs fall asleep after I've been sitting a while. Not sure why. I'm sure the chair has something to do with it as well, but I'm sure my slouch isn't helping either.

So let's see, what's been going on.

My boss is going on vacation next week again. I'm always nervous when that happens, because my security blanket will no longer be in reach for a week. Hopefully I'll make it through ok.

I really really did not want to treadmill today. I was totally dreading it. But I know I had to work off those most excellent Costco chocolate chip cookes that I ate today. So good. The cool thing was that I ended up exercising anyway, even though I was totally dreading it.

Kudos to Ikea for their most excellent customer service. When I was in Toronto, I bought two of the Poang chairs. When I tried to put the chairs together, a part was missing on one of the chairs. (it was small, but a vital part - a plastic spacer to keep the wood pieces from scraping against each other). Elizabeth told me that I could just call the store and they'd hook me up with a replacement part.

I called up the Schaumburg, IL store (I didn't want to have to go all international), gave them my sob story (how I bought it in Toronto and the Schaumburg store was closer), and their customer servicepeople sent out my part the same day. I was pretty impressed. I'm glad I didn't have to go back ;) It would have been a while indeed.

It's starting to get pretty hot outside. The humidity is starting to creep in too. Not looking forward to the end of July and August. It's going to be killer.

No real plans for the July 4th holiday. I will probably just hang out at home and do my normal - Not much :)

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home