Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you're doing well.

So let's see. Couple of things today.

I met the big boss today. Real briefly. Not what I expected at all. I expected him to be a little older I guess. Not so Miami Vice-ish maybe? I wasn't sure how to read him either. Sometimes I got the vibe that he wasn't very genuine, and sometimes he sounded ok. Who knows. Until then, I'll be the little cog in the machinery of the Man.

But ithe whole thing was funny. It seemed like many people got dressed up (I didn't really because I had to travel to another office today). But whatever. While we were waiting for him to show, it was like waiting for a visit from Elvis. Seriously. People were scurrying around to make sure everything was ready and all set for his arrival. Sheesh. Suckup level was relatively high. We only had 1 hour of his time. He was late to top it all off. Not a big fan of the political games and whatnot if you couldn't tell.

What else. Oh yeah - After years of being the "solutions provider," I got to sit on the other side of the table today. I was the client. :) Come on, I wasn't busting balls, but I was onto the games and consultant talk. Cause I've been there. :)

I can't believe tomorrow's Thursday already. Hopefully the week will continue to go as smoothly as it has so far.

On the way home, I took a sidetrip to the Gap. There was one on the way home. How conveeeenient :) Picked up some jeans for my jeans days. Woo hoo! I forgot to bring my special gift certificate thing, so that's a bummer. Oh well, there's always next time... I'll just have to go again.

I tried to check my work e-mail from home today. Denied. I couldn't get the dialup thing to properly authenticate me. Bummer dude. Damn security. I wasted a good hour on it. Tech support was no help either. Suuure, they'll call me back.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home