Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Maybe I didn't survive the bo2k3...

Hi all,

Hope things are going groovy. Again, another night of unbearable heat. And September is on the way, so the hot days are limited, I hope.

School has started for a few people. I hear tidbits from parents at work. Of course like usual, my alma mater is taking its lovely time to get the schoolyear started. I can see why it make sense for out of state people though - if you wanted to go back home for Labour Day, you'd have to show up at school, and a week later, fly home to be with your fam.

So tonite I ordered my first semi-performance part for the supaflyride. I think the neon lighting dream is almost fulfilled. I had to get a new air filter for my car, as the one that's in there now is pretty nasty. I also don't remember when the last time it was that I had it changed, either. I didn't get anything nutty like a cone filter or anything like that :) Just a replacement for the stock one that supposedly has a higher airflow rate. For those curious, I ended up getting a K&N Filtercharger. I'll let you know what I think of it later on this week when I get it.

Let's see, what else...

Oh yeah, about the "subject" line...

Ever since the Blackout of 2k3 (bo2k3) I've been a little off. Heh. More than usual :) I've gotten this bad negativity vibe that I can't seem to shake. I am turning into "that guy." I really don't want to be "that guy."

During the bo2k3, instead of making the best of it (like I usually try to do), I just sat around and wallowed around in the suckiness that was the blackout.

So now, at work, I've become "old and crusty." The exact thing that I didn't want to be when I started. And it's only been 6 months! Damn.

Brizzai thinks that I just need a vacation. A real one. One that is at least a week. According to him, going 6 months straight without a real vacation is not healthy. I guess I've just not thought about it.

Unfortunately, with this new job, my vacation was cut in half from the amount I had in the the dot com binge days. I've been saving my days for a trip out to the homeland, but it's almost September and I still haven't planned for the trip yet. Grr. And even now I'm dreading the hellacious plane ride out there. That's probably not a vacation either :)

I tried to hook up a trip out to NYfor this upcoming Labour Day weekend, but I got on the planning wagon too late, so plane tickets were quite pricey. My brother was going to be out in the city, and I would have visited Geneman. Alas, maybe next time. According to Geneman, NY in the fall is very nice.

The thing is, I don't really know what to do on a vacation, I guess that's why I've not taken one. Oh well.. Hopefully I'll be able to recharge a little during the upcoming long weekend.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home