Monday, August 18, 2003

Lovely. Just Lovely.

Hi everyone,

Wow, 2 days of blackout really changes things. At least it seemed like it. Getting back to work, I felt like I had been gone for a long time. But the oddest thing upon returning was that I hadn't relized that I left so much stuff out. As if I had still been working. Because of the power outage, I had left the office without doing my normal ritual of desk cleanup, water cup disposal, etc. So I still had the water on my desk from last Thursday, my popcan from that day's lunch, and random papers strewn about.

But anyway, yeah, it was odd going back. Not necessarily the same feeling I have when I get back from a 3 day weekend. But I felt as if I had been gone a little longer. No worries though, I a few hours later, I had resumed my position in the machinery of the Man.

I think I'm becoming more jaded though. Just like everyone else at work... Today I was in "cage rattling mode." I was the "aquarium tapper." Trying to shake stuff up and cause trouble. I wasn't sure what had gotten into me. (shrug). Hope I'm not starting some weird trend.

So the highlight of today: I was reminded of an old emotion that I haven't felt in a while. Seriously. What was that feeling? Real attraction. Don't get all excited though. This is probably not going to lead to anything. I didn't really talk to her, just noticed her - I'd never seen her before, but today (I guess it was my welcome back gift from the Bo2k3 or something), she was in 2 of my 3 meetings today. What are the odds? She was absolutely lovely.

So you're probably wondering - That I don't experience "real" attraction often? Yes.

Let me explain. For me, there's a few levels of "first sight" attraction for me.

There are the garden variety good looking (a.k.a. hotties) men and women where you just stop and say "damn." And then that's it. Life goes on.

Then somewhere in the middle between hottie and "real" attraction, there's the people that you see once in a while that have more of a lasting affect on you. Something about them. A certain style, maybe some sort of interaction, perhaps some sort of behaviour, etc. Common to the first form of attraction (a.k.a. the hottie) the feeling also will eventually pass.

Finally, rarest of all, the attractive, but has a certain special something something that you just can't explain person that just defines lovely. The whole package, if you will. One that stays and lingers in the head, similar to how a high carb meal that you eat after 8 p.m. leads to extra "energy stores" for the long haul.

Sadly, I've only felt the elusive "real" attraction a few times in my life. And today I was reminded about how nice it is.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home