Sunday, August 24, 2003

Oh snap! What are the benefits of home ownership again?

Hey all,

Hope you've had a good weekend.

When did I leave you last?

Hmmm. It's funny how a seemingly slow weekend turns into a pretty full one. Not saying it's good nor bad. Just interesting. I always feel so boring when coworkers ask what plans I have for the weekend. Usually I respond with a shrug and an "I dunno." Even though theoretically, these should be the "exciting years" of my life and I should be out at the clubs and the discotheques partying like a rock star. At least that's what I sometimes feel I should be doing (thanks to the media).

Anyway, I went to go see Drew's new house on Saturday. He also let me drive his MR2 turbo briefly . I think it was a bad idea though, because now I crave a little more power under the hood :) Plus I love that sound of the turbo blowoff valve :)

The extra bonus on Saturday was stopping by at the uniform store of the Man on the way home from Ann Arbor. I walked away with two pairs of jeans (perfectly sized for me) for 14 bucks! Imagine that. Nutty, I tell you, nutty.

Today (Sunday), I went up to visit a buddy of mine from grad school, Jingfuman. It was really good to see him. He was bringing up his sister to school at State, so we met up halfway in between.

Let's see, what else...

Oh yeah, the quote at the top. I just wrote out a crizazy check out to the city for my Property Tax. I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts and am still reeling from the hit my bank account took. Damn dude. So yeah, I have to remember the "benefits" of home ownership again ;) Riiight.

So my musing from Friday:

What is it about the new car smell that is so nice? I mean come on, the scent is so coveted that it's bottled! So you can continue to have that "new car scent" in your older skool ride.

Why don't they bottle other "new _______" smells? Like new house smell? Where it smells like fresh paint and drywall? Yeah, I dunno.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home