Sunday, September 07, 2003

Does this car make my butt look big?

Hey all,

So Mark, my brother, was supposed to come in on the 11:00 p.m. ish flight from Washington DC on Friday. But alas, the connecting flight to DC was delayed, so everything got wacked (he wouldn't have made his connecting flight here). Poor guy, he was at the airport and everything.

So, he got on the first flight out of Boston the next day, to get here by noon-ish.

The whole fam went to pick my brother up. And no matter what route we tried to go back and forth from the airport, we were unable to avoid contstruction and traffic. Not sure what the hell was going on there. We were slow traffic magnets or something. Driving home, my dad recommended that we take local roads. It was pretty painful. I wanted to zoom supafast, but I would have settled for fast. I got none of each.

During the day, my brother and I did some light shopping and I showed him the city home. We had to eat dinner with the parents so we only had a few hours before we had to head to the restaurant... There was some sort of engagement party there, so at times, things were quite chaotic. I'm not sure if I'd actually have my engagement party there either. (Shrug) Hey, I guess if you like chinese food or something. After dinner, we went to Dave and Buster's for a little gameplay and table shuffleboard. Good stuff. Haven't been there since the day after Helen's wedding when a bunch of us met up for Geneman's birthday. And even then, we didn't stay due to the fire alarms and sprinklers going off...

Let's see, today was a late start day. We slept in kinda late, so once we got up, we had to leave for Ann Arbor - We were going to meet up with Drew for some lunchage. I wanted Mark to meet him because they're both pretty much "car guys." So we had some Panchero's, bubble tea, and some good conversation about "car stuff." We also walked around campus a little, to umm, "see the sights of Ann Arbor." School is definitely in session ;)

So about the line at the top - Drew is letting me care for his car (the MR2) while he's away on a business trip in Japan. So I'm in posession of this nifty turboed vehicular device. I'm totally lovin' it. Now I want one ;)

This evening we took it easy. Nothing too crazy for a Sunday night.

My brother leaves again tomorrow. Bummer, dude.

So let's see, what else. I've never really recognized until now how much stuff I have that comes from the newly distinguished preferred vendor, Costco. (Love the Costco). A large amount of stuff that I own is from that place. Again, love the Costco. I'm sure many other people share the same feeling.

Speaking of Costco, I strongly recommend the cookies that they sell. Oral ecstasy, I tell you. These cookies are 3 inch diameter pieces of heaven. I would not steer you wrong :) I wouldn't recommend janky stuff.

What else. I am very very tired today. I needed a nap come afternoontime.

Oh yeah, Drew has this crizzazy massage chair that is just heavenly. And it puts the chairs at the Sharper Image to shame. He brought this thing over from Japan (while he was there for 2 years) - This chair controller comes with lcd panel display, and it even talks to you! In a soothing Japanese dialogue of course, with a womanly voice to boot. I only tried it for a few minutes - I was afraid that if I got the full massage, I'd never want to leave his house. Plus, we were on a schedule ;) There's always next time...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home