Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas dreariness

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well on this Christmas day.

Well, instead of a white Christmas we got a rainy one with residual snow that's not white, but turning into a grey / charcoal.

And where is the sun?

I need that big ball of fire to feel complete. It's only December and I'm already feeling the winter blues.

It's definitely one of those days where you just want to stay in bed all day long and listen to a Norah Jones CD (I recommend Come Away with Me). Which I am, just not in bed :)

I do feel sleepy though.

I still haven't been sleeping well ever since getting back from vacation. I'm still waking up in the middle of the night / morning to toss and turn for a few hours and try to go back to sleep. Don't know what's up with that.

Maybe I need to stop taking naps after dinner too.

On an entertainment note, I finally watched the whole thing of It's a Wonderful Life. I've only seen parts of it - off and on over the years. I was given the dvd for my birthday (because K found out I'd never seen it).

I realize the movie is a classic and is has been nominated / won many awards in its time, but for some reason, I didn't get the full effect of its worthiness. I wasn't sure what I was expecting honestly. But I know when I feel like a movie feels long, it's never a good sign... I think it's the flow of the movie. Quite a bit of time was taken to build up the characters, but the actual lesson learned seemed to be too brief.

I do have a disclaimer with my review though - I was falling asleep during the last half of the movie so I may have to revisit it at a later date.

But the movie was quite sad! Something that I didn't expect initially.

So yeah, that was last night...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home