Thursday, March 27, 2003

Hi all,

My blog entries are becoming more sporadic - not because I haven't wanted to write, but it's that I've been running out of time after work to do more recreational stuff nowadays. I've been seriously trying (and failing) at going to bed early. On the nights that I'm more ambitious, I treadmill for a bit, then shower, then it's almost time for bed. Other nights when I'm lazy, televizzle gets the best of me, and that's all I need to say about that. Recently, I've been doing some of my favorite evening weekday shopping, and getting home fairly late.

Within the past few weeks, Target has put on sale some of the furniture pieces that I've been eyeing. So I picked up a couple of bookcases, a light up table, a folding screen, and a coat tree. But as of yet, still no couch. Which is the piece of furniture I need to buy the most. I guess I just haven't been in the mood to poke around furniture places. I'm not really looking forward to shady furniture salespeople. Even if they offer to pay my sales tax, and I don't have to pay anything until 2010. However, if Target sold couches, I'm sure I'd have one of those by now. But alas, they don't. The search continues...

Anyway, work is going aiight. I'm still in adjustment mode, so things are going allright, when I'm not feeling lost. I'm still having the trouble staying awake thing, but I'm still working on it. I miss the nice furniture that my old office had. And, I missed my rolly optical mouse. I was demoted to using an old skool ball mouse with no wheel. I tell ya, you get totally used to having certain features and functions, and when they're gone, it just feels odd. I can't really explain it. So many times I've tried to scroll using the rolly wheel on my mouse to see that there isn't one there. Dissed. It's like I woke up one morning, and instead of reaching for my normal pants, I decided to go into the storage closet, and bring out a pair of pants that I wore in high school. The pants still work just fine, but it's just weird being in them. I dunno, that's the best thing I could come up with.

A few weekends ago, I picked up a color PDA. Ever since then, 3 people that I know have picked up new PDAs as well. My brother, Geneman, and Steve are all proud owners of new Sony Clies. It's PDA shopping season :) The bad thing is that I haven't done anything useful with mine. I'm still using my new PDA the same way I used my old one. As a glorified address / date book. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But everone else seems to be doing stuff with theirs - Download pictures, playing mp3s, downloading apps, whatever. Me? Nothin.... I think it's just because I've got my new gig, and it's taking a bunch of my time as I get adjusted or something. Anywya, I'm going to steal Geneman's idea about writing his blog on his pda and kind of edit it for my own evil means. I've thought about stuff to write about during the day, but when I finally get a chance to sit down, the thought has been lost in the ether. So now, whenever I can, I'm going to jot a few notes in my pda. We'll see how that goes...

Oh yeah, I'm going to take a photography and a watercolor course next month. I'm finally going to learn what the hell f stops and stuff like that is. Steve is going to be my photography class buddy too. I'll probably be copying off of him all the time, since he knows more than I do. Should be a good time though.

I'm going to go to sleep now. I'll write more this weekend, hopefully.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home