Sunday, March 23, 2003

Hi everyone,

Hope you've had a good weekend... It went by too fast for me, as usual... I napped for 2 hours today, and I'm still feeling sleepy. I think I'm going to try and go to bed super early today. We'll see how that goes. Even my usual goal of 10:00 p.m. usually becomes 11:30 or so.

My dad left again for the homeland this morning. He should be on his way from LAX to the homeland as I type this out. My dad is a totally seasoned traveller, and I'm amazed at how air travel doesn't bother him at all.

Today, the weather was odd - The forecast and the thermometer said it was around 50 degrees F. I don't know if the supposed warm weather just didn't make it to my neck of the woods or what, but it was a tad on the cool side today. However, I took advantage of the "warmer" weather, and cleaned out the inside of my car. Did a pretty thorough vacuum of the interior, threw out all of the miscelleneous pieces of paper I had inside, and wiped down the interior with cleaner. I was completely amazed as to how much dirt and stuff was in my car. Here's some of the more interesting things:

- a pair of Mongolian Barbeque (from Ann Arbor) chopsticks, still in original packaging
- a purple Oral-B Advantage toothbrush in a badly smashed box (the brush is new and mine, I hope)
- a souvenir display card with a piece of the Berlin Wall (my best friend Ali gave me this years ago when he was still in Pakistan)
- an old Sprint PCS wireless brochure (had to be from about 1997-1998
- a package tissue paper for a gift that I bought for someone but never used (1998)
- an unopened bank statement from June 1999
- random pieces of candy
- a hockey puck
- wrestling trading cards (don't ask)

So now my car is probably a few pounds lighter than before. I will probably see my gas mileage increase, and there will be no odd rattling noises from stuff shifting in my car anymore...

I also took out the 8 billion CDs that were sitting in my car as well. Today was the first time ever (since I've gotten the CD player installed in my car) that I've driven around without CDs to listen to. Weird. Hopefully I can trim down the # of CDs that I carry around in my car to just the select few that I've been listening to recently :) But let me assure you, with all the CDs that I had in my car before, I could have played music for a wide variety of people for days.

Tonight was sushi night. So good. A few California rolls, some sashimi, and rice were on the menu - Total heaven.

Over the weekend, I showed my parents my new digs at work. I think they were impressed by how big the bank building was. It's all good. I took in my lava lamp, but unfortunately, the bulb didn't make the trip. No biggie, I've got a bulb ready for the ceremonial lighting of the lava lamp tomorrow morning :)

Today (I think it was today) I read a little article in the paper about how love seems to find you when you least expect it. Oddly enough, I think this is very true. When I look back to the small sample size of who I've met and "dated" in my romantic career, this is definitely a true statement for me. I started to realize this a little while ago (before I saw it in print), but I think I'm going to try and just focus on other stuff in my life and just see what happens...

Here goes :)

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home