Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Hey All,

Hope everything's groovy.

I've been a little scatterbrained (more than usual) as of late. Lots of stuff going on. Last week was Toronto, this week a few deadlines, and then the upcoming wedding which is giving me anxiety attacks. Not like hardcore up late at night kind of attacks, but just nervousness.

It's all about the music. What to play, what to play. How to transition. Playing music for a gig takes skillz. Ones that are often overlooked. I'm not going to be a rave DJ, nor will I be playing at a club. Just playing music for a gathering. It's tough making transitions and making sure levels are right and whatnot. It's going to be a fun challenge, though, that's for sure.

I went and picked up the speakers and amp and whatnot today after work. The rental place gave me the wrong mic cable, so I have to go back for that tomorrow - good thing I set everything up. I want to just pound music ouf of those lovely 15" woofers - I think the music will sound great. But alas, I had to set up at my parent's house (the country home) because I didn't think the house in the city's (my condo) neighbours would appreciate my loud thumping music.

I tried some light fading this evening, but that was about it. Unfortunately, I had to cut my night a tad short (well, kind of), because I have to be at work for an 8 o'clock meeting tomorrow morning. I'm usually still getting ready by then :)

I guess I'm also feeling a little nervousness about seeing my X for the first time in years. Probably about 3 or 4 years I'd say. And, as an added bonus, she'll be with her fiancee. Lovely. Hopefully things won't get too political.

Huh . What else has been going on - I put together one of my Ikea chairs today. I was totally sweaty and grimy from moving the music equipment around, but I thought I'd throw one together at my condo. I couldn't get the other one there, becuase the two cushions and both chairs wouldn't fit. I managed to get one chair and two cushions out there. Hopefully I can get the other chair built before Geneman comes over. We'll see. Maybe I'll build it this weekend. Pretty easy to build though, I can't complain.

Oh yeah, I know I never fully did justice to my Toronto trip. (insert scatterbraindness here). Anyway, I went to go see my relatives, right? Well one of them is an alternative medicine practitioner. Like with herbs and other stuff like that. She told me that my thyroid is all wacked (not enoug Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)) and that my Lymphatic system is all jacked up.

so I'm doing the Kelp pills, and this weird concoction/tea drink that is supposed to clear out my system. Not suer how it's going to clear it up. Everything still seems the same so far. We'll see.

Oh well, I better get going. I promised myself that I'd be in bed by 11 tonight.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home