Saturday, June 07, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you're having a good weekend. I saw Drew today - My undergrad friend who spent 2 years in Japan. He works for Toyota, so he was over there for work. It was good to see him. Unfortunately, I had to cut the trip short because my cousins are supposed to be coming tonight for dinner.

I tried writing a short blog entry this morning, but something very bad was happening with blogger. I got some majorly wacked error messages.

Anyway, so were did I leave you last...

Since my dad is home, I utilized his handyman skills and had him install a few things at my condo. My coat rack and new deadbolt are installed. I know that if I had done it myself, it would take me forever.

So my mom, dad, and I were at my place yesterday, and I realized that how nice it was to have my mom and dad over. It made me realize that one day, I'd like to have a family of my own. You're probably thinking that the biological clock is ticking. Perhaps. Not that I'm saying that I want to get married and have kids now, but it just makes me think that I'd like to have a family of my own someday, that's all.

So Drew and I did my favorite Ann Arbor activities - Pancheros and Bubble Tea. And then, before we parted ways, we took a stop at the library - To pee ;) I was laughing to myself because here we were on this great place of academia, and we were just there to use the facilities.

Anyway, my cousins came by this evening to visit - Of course, we had to make a quick stop at the shopping mecca. Nothing was purchased though - It seemed to be a slow day for storepeople and customers. I guess the nice weather kept everyone away from being cooped up inside.

As we were driving, my cousin asked if I'd ever leave where I live now. I love the area, but eventually, I'd like to live on a lake. Unfortunately, there's not too many lakes around the city where I live. I hope to fulfill that dream someday.

I was talking to a coworker of mine about how nice it would be to have lake access and a boat - She just bought a jetski for her family, and can't wait to get it in the water. There are so many recreational things I'd like to do - I just need to find my most favorite and start building on it. I know people that work on cars, ride motorcycles, sail, boating, etc. It all interests me, but I want to start picking up one thing, learn more about it, and start up a magic hobby / interest.

Walking around Ann Arbor today, I felt like I'd lost touch with the free-spirited college student side of me. Maybe it's because I hadn't seen people wearing hippy-esque clothing in a while. Maybe I hadn't seen people with very dyed hair (we're talking un-natural fire engine red) in a while. I still looked like a college student - I was wearing my Tevas, shorts and a t-shirt, but maybe I've lost the mentality. Times have changed, huh. Maybe instead of by a lake, I should move back to Ann Arbor. Maybe it's time to put away my Birks and hemp clothes (just kidding). Never. You can take the boy out of Ann Arbor, but you can't take Ann Arbor out of the boy, I guess.

I know, I'm jumping all around here.

I was at the shopping mecca today and was just hanging out, talking with my cousin. I decided that whoever I date needs to realize that there are other colours of clothes besides black. Black is definitely a stylish, classy colour, but I like colour in my wardrobe. Blue, red, yellow (my favorite), purple, whatever.

OK, so let me back up here - where did all this come from. It all stemmed from a random IM I got from a "lady" (I say "lady" because you never know on the internet, especially with spontaneous IMs. The so-called "twentysome old lady" could be a 45 year old FBI agent or something). I never know what to do with these chat invitations, so in the beginning, I was more chance-taking, so I answered it. She was in big time man hunting mode so she just cut to the chase and asked me what I liked in a mate. To be totally honest, I've never really thought about it, per se. Other than the standard stuff - "You know, like has to be nice to me, likes me back, won't steal my stuff (heh), etc. It's not like I have a compiled list :) The first time I did see a compiled list online was on www.jennycu.com. Which, as a sidenote, is one of the first blogs I ever read, which planted the seed of how I wanted to start my own blog someday. Her list of the perfect guy is an interesting read... I'm not sure if I want to start a list of my own sometime.

Anyway, the subject of what I look for in a SO (significant other) came up again while IMing with my neighbour a couple of months ago (I think she had visions of setting me up or something). Still, no concrete thoughts. I've often thought to myself how certain traits would be nice, but I guess I've never really seriously thought about it. Is that weird?

I think it's important to know what you want - it's kind of like when people write personal ads - I'm guessing you'd want to be fairly specific, since you'd want to weed out big turn-offs, right? Like body stank? Overpowering stank on a regular basis (or after showering, let's say) would be unacceptable for me. Things like smoking. Nope. Along the same lines, I think it may be dangerous if you get too detailed in your search criteria. There's a fine line... But I guess you never know - you may think you theoretically like a certain trait, but maybe you actually don't.

Maybe I'll compile a list sometime. We'll see. Maybe an Excel spreadsheet ;) Complete with cross referenced chart of importance on a 10 point scale. Heh. Just kidding.

Ahh well, thoughts for another day. I have to call Suzy now.

-Kirk





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home