Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Hey all,

How's it going?

Of course, you'd think I just took it easy for dinner, but no - I followed my super salty lunch with a super salty plate of sampler plate of cold smoked fish. Craziness. I've never had anything like it before (other than smoked salmon) but this thing had a ton of stuff. It was tasty. Salty, but tasty.

Since I got home late, I didn't get a chance to treadmill today. Oh well... I won't be able to do stuff tomorrow either, since watercolor class is tomorrow. Alas.

I never thought I'd say this, but I like that new Jewel song, Intuition - It's got quite a pop sound to it (as opposed to her normal/past folksy sound), almost could be bordering on hip hop-ish. Wacky.

So I was thinking today - how exactly do you give a car as a gift? Is it all paid for when it's gifted? Do you lease it for a recipient? Or do you just make the car payments for the recipient? What about insurance? Just curious. Is there ever a time when the recipient has rejected the car (for legitimate reasons, of course)? Then what? If only I had those problems...

Anyway, I finally got to see the big whale tail on the back of a Porsche 911 deploy (swing up) for maximum engine cooling - a true sight to behold. I pulled into the slow lane to follow him down the road. I lost him when I got caught at a light. Bummer.

It's weird for me to talk with people about having kids and stuff. I know this is kind of random, but it's just weird. My friend Jarrett and his wife are having a baby towards the end of June. It's just weird - not because I don't think my friends should be having kids - rather that it makes me think that I'm still pretty far from that stage in my life. I guess that's one of the effects of having friends that are in different stages of life than I am. I mean, even things like marriage and whatnot still seem far off for me. Does that make sense? But then again I guess I'm glad that I'm not married - I would probably feel pressure to have kids or something. I'm single now, and when I look at my friends that are getting married, I sometimes feel like I should too. Not necessarily to follow, but I honestly feel that one should be in the same life stage as the people around you. It's hard to understand how people feel until you experience it yourself. Plus, when you have people around you that are going through the same thing as you are, you kind of have a built in support network.

Catcha later.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home