Monday, December 22, 2003

Hi all,

Hope all's well this evening.

Suzy's in town, and she was nice enough to drive an hour or so to come visit me after work. It was very good to see her. I miss all my friends that I only get to see once a year. I wish they all lived closer to me.

I know, I have to make an effort to see them too. I've just been too lazy and kind of cheap. Plus, I'm a little light on the vacation. I know, I know, excuses excuses, right? ;)

Today, the day flew by at light speed. Craziness.

I realize that I have thoughts during the day that I want to blog about, but I keep on forgetting about them. I don't really want to walk around with a nerdy PDA though, to jot stuff down. I should learn to use my voice recording feature on my phone better. Maybe that'll help me remember stuff.

Just a few things that I remembered...

So when I was applying for school, I had to go to the local community college (where I took the summer Philosophy class) and order my official transcript. At the cashier's window, there were 1.5 to 2 inch think pieces of clear plastic window / partition separaing the employees and the students. I felt like I was at a pawn snop (or visiting someone in prison). Banks used to be all closed off like that, but they got rid of the partitions over time.

Anyway, it's weird having to talk to people through the thick sheets of plastic. I felt like I had to talk into the cracks for the people on the other side to hear them. I guess I was listening close to the cracks to hear the people as well.

Now that's what I call customer servuce ;)

Nuttiness.

Anyway...

to me, love is kind of funny. When you're in love, you feel like you're walking on air and all is good with the world. Once you get hurt by it, you feel like utter shit. As an added bonus, the feeling lasts for a long time. Does it ever get easier?

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home