Saturday, March 06, 2004

Holla!

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

So today was kind of exciting - Brizzai and I did a Career Day at a school where one of my former coworkers teaches.

I hadn't realized how long I'd been out of high school school until I was talking about some of the classes that I took in high school and wondered (out loud), "Do they still call it Language Arts?" (sigh).

I didn't feel as prepared as I would have liked, but I think we did allright. The kids were engaged (for the most part) and were asking some good questions along the way. We even got some usability data points from them as well. It was very interesting indeed.

Being there inspired me to want to teach.

Just in case you were wondering, my dream job is to be a talk show host or own a nightclub. :)

At the end, one of the students said to me, "Holla Back." I wasn't really sure how to respond...

I'm obviously old.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home