Saturday, February 28, 2004

There is a difference between relaxed and loose.

Hi all,

Hope you're having a good weekend.

I just finished a portion of one paper so I'm taking a small break.

In all my years of buying stuff from the uniform store of the Man, I've never really had a problem. It's gotten to the point where I just look for basic things that I like, and I will just buy them as long as they're the right size. So from now on, I'll pay attention to words like fitted, relaxed, classic and loose. I bought these jeans that were exactly my size - Took them home and immediately ripped of the tags. I put them on for the first time on Friday. The pant legs were huge! They were the right length, but a tad on the wide side. I was afraid that my foot would disappear under them. OK, ok, so maybe that's an exaggeration, but seriously the pant legs were wider than the ones that I've had before.

As I was changing into the sweatpants tonight, I checked the tag inside - "Loose fit." Huh. I randomly checked another pair of jeans that I know fit ok: "Relaxed." Who knew that there was such a big difference?

Imagine if these distinctions labeled more than just clothes. Like maybe, people. I wouldn't want to be called loose though.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home