Saturday, March 20, 2004

Never trust a big butt and a smile.

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great weekend.

I spent the day in Ann Arbor chilling with the Drew man. I hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving, due to school consuming me. Anyway, I had my Panchero's and Bubble Tea fix again.

The scary thing is that this is the second burrito in a row for this week. And I'm not ashamed to say it, either. It was good.

It rained through most of my drive out to Ann Arbor - from torrential downpour to light sprinkling and then back again. It was nutty. But then, while we were at the restaurant and about to sit down and eat, the sky just cleared up and it was totally sunny. Just like that. It was odd - Cool but odd.

People were walking around in winter coats, and some people were walking around in just T-shirts. (shrug)

Anyway, so we were waiting at a light to make a left - We didn't have the radio on (I wasn't driving), but there was this truck next to us with the radio on loud enough for us to hear it. And I heard, "...That girl is poiiisonnnnn..." And I just started laughing. It was Bell Biv Devoe! Oh yes, that band from the early 90s. I couldn't believe it.

Of course, Drew remembers the "Smack it up, flip it, rub it down" line - Of course, I had to chime in with "Oh no!"

For those that are not 90's hip hop inclined, Bell Biv Devoe is the group formed by former New Edition (remember them?) group members Rikcy Bell, Michael Bivins, and Ron DeVoe - Two of their biggest hits from their Poison album were Poison (where the first line of the blog entry comes from and Do Me! (what Drew remembered).

How's that for a little 90's back in tha day trivia? The most scary thing wasn't that we remembered the tune - But that those songs were popular in the early 90's. Which was over 10 years ago.

We are old. I remember driving around in the Silver Tuna (my ride before the supafly) and booming those tunes on my sub box with the two 12s. Those were the days man. When all we had to worry about were making good grades and heading out to McDonald's and getting our $3.11 together to buy our Big Mac combos.

What goofy things we remember.

I am enjoying my days of freedom. I'm like a criminal on parole.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home