Tuesday, November 09, 2004

40 to 80 (part two).

OK OK so I admit it - I fell asleep writing the previous entry last night. In fact, I didn't even publish it. I had to just now.

I was in bed by 9:30 p.m.

I don't know how long I'll last tonight, but I'll write until I get tired...

So let's see, where did I leave you?

OK, so we walked around the Beach Place for a while. This outdoor building had 3 stories of stores and bars. The coolest thing was that everything was pretty much open until about midnight or later. We were there Sunday night until 2 the next morning! More about that later.

So we ended up checking out all of the bars and stuff, just to see what was going on. Apparently it's not high season yet, so it was a perfect time to be there. Not too many people, and there wasn't a huge wait for anything. Don't get me wrong, the restaurants and bars were pretty full, but I would imagine they'd be packed come December or when winter really shows up in the northern states.

We walked around some more after leaving the Beach Place, but all we saw were more clubs, cheesy souvenir shops, and some store selling questionable adult material.

And no, we didn't go in. :)
(Gene wouldn't let me - I was just curious, honest)

We ended up going home fairly early. Like maybe 11 or midnight-ish? And I must say, the walk home went by much faster than the walk to the different places. But I was glad to be back to the hotel to take it easy. But for some reason I didn't feel like going back. Gene and I ended up chilling outside by the pool for a bit, just taking in the groovy weather and the ambience of the hotel.

I was lovin' it.

Gene was tired of the artifical resort feel so he went back out to the real beach.

By the time I was done showering, I was pretty much ready to pass out on the bed. I think Gene was talking to me, but I don't remember what I said or what he said.

(shrug)

Oh well, on to the next day...

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home