Sunday, October 31, 2004

Going down to get some...

Hi all,

Happy Halloween!

Hope you're having a great weekend. Don't forget to set your clocks :)

So Florida is less than 1 week away! Next Saturday this time Geneman and I should be chilling on the beach or roaming around Ft. Lauderdale. I've got a midterm on Friday, so the trip will be a nice reward for making it through the week :)

So what's been going on this past week...

Friday at work we had our Halloween festivities - It's cool to see that people still dress up for the holidays even though we're in the "working world." Maybe one of these days I'll build up the courage to do so too.

There was a costume contest - But before it, there were free cider and donuts downstairs, right? So I was talking to my coworker over the cube wall and had a brain fart at a very inopportune moment.

So I said, "So L, are you going down to get some..."

And I couldn't think of the next word. I was supposed to say "cider" but I had forgotten for a few seconds. So it ended up sounding all wrong.

Of course my cube neighbors heard, started laughing, and started accusing me of saying it on purpose. Which wouldn't be far from the truth (normally), but I was talking to one of my more wholesome coworkers so I honestly didn't mean for my statement to come across as it did. Oh well. It made for good times.

Let's see, what else...

I'm obviously going to the same chinese restaurant too often, because I'm starting to get the same fortunes in my fortune cookies.

My latest one:
You will be advanced socially, without any special effort.

Maybe one day I'll be able to hang out with the Hilton sisters. :) Of course, just to talk with them about the hotel business, not anything else...

-Kirk



1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny. My favorite Chinese food restaurant must use the same series of cookies. I got the same one today.

- M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home