Friday, November 12, 2004

80 to 40 in less than 3 hours.

The last installment of the FL recap.

Sorry it's taken so damn long. I'll get to that in a later post...

So let's see. Yeah, by the time we got to bed on Sunday night, it was already Morning, say 3 a.m. or so. I think I carried somewhat of a conversation with Gene as I was drifting asleep, but honestly I don't remember what the hell we were talking about.

Monday morning was as beautiful as Sunday. It was sad to think that we were going to leave the picture postcard weather that was Ft. Lauderdale. But alas, it was true.

We didn't get up until 9:30 or so - Cause we were pretty wiped out. But we had to make the most of our remaining 2 hours. We had to leave for the airport by 11:30 to catch our flight. We got dressed and headed downstairs for some fine hotel food. This time, we were smart and ate outside. It was surprising how open the hotel premises was - There was no fence separating the hotel property from the street. Just some stray trees here and there. It was kind of nice. I wasn't sure if it was a false sense of security, but it seemed like other parts of the hotel were the same way. Even though the beach was private, there really weren't any signs. It seemed like the public stayed on the public side, and the hotel guests stayed on the hotel side.

Then again, there's really no way for me to tell who was where.

After breakfast Geneman and I went down to the beach for our last visit. Who knows when we'd be back. The sun was much stronger this time, and I could feel it on my face. We snapped some pictures here and there, but just tried to soak in the last few minues of our vacation. It would be back to the grindstone the next day. And I knew that once we stepped off the plane, I'd be in 40 degree weather again.

So finally the time came and we had to head to the airport. Check-in was fairly smooth, as was the flight. No real complaints there. At least this time, the temperature was better controlled on the plane. I was able to enjoy the whole flight with just a t-shirt and jeans on.

And the minute we stepped off the plane, the cold hit me like a ton of bricks. It's good to be back :)

----------

All in all, I'd say the trip was a success. The only thing that I'd recommend was an extra day. Even though I didn't want to do touristy stuff, I felt guilty for being in such a great place, and not making an effort to see the local sights. So I'm glad we did take some time out. On our 3 hour tour :)

My arse hurt from sitting on the bench for so long.

One extra day just for lounging at the beach would have been perfect. Any longer may have caused boredom. Not sure. After all, there's always the Beach Place, right? ;)

The locale was great. However, not optimal for single dudes like us. There were tons of couples. It's very honeymooney and coupley, and there's a huge cruise ship port, so lots of people were just stopping on the way to their cruise. I think the single people fill their purpose on the planes to fill up the odd seat in the group of three :)

Would I go back again? Yes. In a heartbeat. Maybe spring for the car next time to see more sights. Oh wait, that's touristy again, isn't it? ;)

-Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home