Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Chick balls.

So onto the next day of my vacation (Sunday)...

For some reason I woke up around 8:00 a.m. I wanted to go back to sleep, but my desire to make the most out of our only full day in FL took over and I was up and about by 8:30. I could see the sunlight peeking into our room from the curtains (and from the outside door too!) I did my morning routine and checked outside - I wanted to see how sunny it was.

It was gorgeous.

As an added bonus, the hotel gave us a free newspaper. So I got to do my normal Sunday routine with a twist. The Geneman was still sleeping so I figured I'd go dowstairs by the pool to read the paper. I was able to lesiurely read the paper, thumb through the ads, and enjoy the sunshine at the same time. I was out there pretty early so there were hardly any guests around. Just the hotel staff that were getting ready for the day's activities.

About 10-ish I got Geneman up and we went to breakfast. I was never a big fan of hotel food until I started travelling for business. So we ate downstairs in the restaurant. I had the mega omlet stuffed with tons of goodies and Gene had the 2 egg breakfast. With our big breakfasts filling our bellies, we were set all the way through dinnertime.

We decided to be touristy for the first part of the day and take the Water Bus. For about 3 hours, we travelled the entire North Route, checking out the Intracostal and the New River area of Ft. Lauderdale. I strongly recommend doing this if you want to check out the local sites without spending much cashish. A pass to ride anytime the whole day was $5.00. The staff on the boat were really cool. They weren't official tour guides, but they'd provide some fun commentary about the local sights to see and whatnot.

We got to see some tremendously crazy and huge houses. And some equally crazy tremendously large boats. Sorry, yachts. The ones that would make Jay Z and Diddy approve of for use in their rap videos. Out of control. We saw unbelievable super-sized homes of people in business, the entertainment industry, and politicians. Words cannot explain how posh these homes and boats were (at least the outsides of them). Nobody really invited us inside to check out their cribs. Which is understandable because I would have found a way to get some really nice souvenirs for very little cost. Just kidding. Anyway, I'll have to post some pictures of the MTV Cribs style homes up soon.

I got to see how "the other side" lives. Definitely very well.

The Water Taxi boats were covered up top, and open air all the rest of the way around. I don't know what they do when it rains, but luckily we never found out :) Anyway, no matter where I sat on this boat, I was being blasted with sun. I had some SPF 30 sunscreen on so I was well protected from the harmful rays, but I felt pretty tired and dehydrated by the end of the day.

Around 3-ish we headed back to the hotel to try and get some beach time. The sun started to set around 5-ish so time was definitely at a premium. The late afternoon sun was definitely less strong than the midday - Which was exactly as advertised in one of those travel books that I was reading. So for the rest of the time (until it got fairly dark), we chilled on the beach with our towels stolen from the pool. (oops! Were they just for pool use?) I got to do some resting and light reading.

So pleasant.

Hearing the sound of the surf, feeling the breeze, and feeling the warmth of the sun was nice. I didn't want to move. I was so relaxed that I didn't even move when the sun hid behind the building.

(continued tomorrow - I'm going to bed)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home