Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Enjoyable shoveling.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this week.

Last night the snow plow dudes put up a 2 foot wall between the driveway and the street. So this morning I spent a good 10 to 15 minutes digging a path just wide enough to get the supaflyride out. We're talking ice and snow chunks that you can't snowthrow. But I finally made a path.

Half assed.

So this evening after dinner, I went back outside to clear out a bigger path. And you know what?

It was fun.

OK, maybe not themepark fun, but it was actually enjoyable shoveling snow. I really didn't mind it. Who knew, right? It was nice being outside and not in a blizzard. The wind wasn't blowing super hard, so all was good.

I enjoyed it so much that I decided to shovel some other areas that had gotten covered by snow drifts.

So the key thing is not to shovel when you're in a hurry.

Which rarely happens, but still. It reminds me why I didn't mind shoveling during those few weeks 2 years ago when I was unemployed. I'd roll out of bed, do the morning thing, and shovel after lunch.

Huh.

Oh yeah, so come the middle of the month, I will have been at my latest gig for 2 years. I can't believe time has gone by that quickly.

Sometimes it feels like 2 years, sometimes it feels like 20.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home