Friday, February 18, 2005

Job appreciation

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. Just a few things before going to bed. As usual, the 11 oclock bedtime is way past. (shrug)

Sometimes you listen to some old tunes from back in tha day and you think "damn, that was some good shite."

I was listening to some Guns and Roses yesterday and today. Good stuff, I tell ya. Starting from middle school all the way to college.

Good times.

So what's been on the mind as of late...

I've noticed that I've been staying later and later at the office recently. And if it weren't for my mom bugging me to actually leave work at a reasonable time, I would totally be a workaholic. Seriously. It explains why I never left work on time at my first job at the network service provider. I'd be at work for like 12 hours a day.

Cause I had nothing better to do.

I'd only leave the office when I was meeting people for dinner, or for chilling. Otherwise, I would just stay and finish up some work, or goof around the office.

Which tells me something about myself I think. I don't like to be idle, and I crave human contact more than I like being alone. Don't get me wrong - I like spending time alone and relaxing, but I tihnk after a while I'd rather be in an environment where there's people around.

Does that make sense? Hey, I never said I was easy to understand, did I?

So the thing above made me realize that I really do need to find a hobby that I can sink some free time into (besides work). Oh yeah, a relationship of some sort wouldn't hurt either :)

School just ain't cutting it - I think it's causing me more stress than enjoyment.

Anyway, so Tuesday my mom calls me at like 6:00 p.m. - She was at a family friend's place of business doing light commerical / industrial work. And of course I was still at the office. So for shits and giggles I went out to meet up with her and see what the place was all about.

So I spent Tuesday night unwrapping (what I think) were pistons. So I was the nicest dressed contractor - I was still in my business casual work clothes. So for a few hours I was sitting in the middle of a small warehouse helping process these piston things in a assembly line type of environment.

It made me appreciate my desk job. Big time.

I don't know if I'd ever go back to do more work, but I ended up meeting some new people and getting a potential tutoring gig out of it teaching English. So we'll see how that goes. I'll start in a couple of weeks.

After work today I went out to the parking lot behind work and tried to snap some pics of the deer that were chiling all around the area next to the trees. It was freezing. I was snapping pics as fast as I could, but I don't know about the quality of them. I left my camera out in the car - I figured if I did that, then I woudln't have to worry about any temperature changes taking the camera from the inside to the outside, right?

Wrong.

The temperature was so cold that my batteries all registered as being low - The only way I could get the batteries to work again was to heat them up in my hands. So lesson learned :)

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home