Monday, February 21, 2005

Smelly welcome.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well on this warmer day. I was lovin it. I was outside today with just a long sleeve t-shirt and my winter jacket.

No sweater.

It was definitely a nice break from having to wear gloves, a hat, and a scarf.

So today my mom bought a welcome mat from Target.

It looks really nice, but it smells. Walking around the store, I was afraid that people would think it was us that smelled like that. Honestly I can't tell if it's a good or a bad smell. It's hard to describe too - The mat has a rubber frame (if you will) and the middle is some sort of natural material. The first thing that came to mind was hemp. Or hemp-like. Or hempy.

No, I'm not a druggie.

I'm sure it's not hemp - I threw the tag away, so it will remain a mystery. Forever.

Anyway, so it's a mix of woody smells. Like sharpened pencils and like a 2x4 cut with a circular or table saw. But then there's a pine vibe in there too.

So again, I'm not sure if it's a good smell or not. It's very strong though.

And I think it's following me into the house.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home