Sunday, May 22, 2005

25

Hi all,

Hope you've had a great weekend.

I've been meaning to write, but just haven't gotten a chance. So now I have to go back and remember what I wanted to say...

Hopefully I can recap everything.

On a whole, I'm usually pretty secure about my age. Especially at work where I'm the youngest in our immediate area (though not in our entire group). Like usual, on Fridays, towards the end of the day, I tend to get a little loopy (more than usual). We had to go into work early Saturday morning for some testing and I was joking around about how usually around that time I'm just about getting out of the rave. And of course, that's also about the time my lightsticks are dying out.

So then, a lady who just joined our group asked me how old I was. Like usual, I never tell without having people venture a guess first.

It's just one of those things. I know I still look fairly young, and the way I act probably doesn't help either.

She guesses 25. I don't know if that's good or bad. Hard to say. Normally I would return the question and ask right back, but I didn't - I don't know her well enough yet.

So I kind of had a complex for the rest of the afternoon. I didn't really like it. But I'm not sure if it's because I think I should act "older" at work or something.

Where is the line between having fun and acting juvenile?

After work I went to Costco - I needed some bottled water and gasoline. Friday night is almost as bad as a weekend day at Costco so I think I'm going to add one more day to the list of days not to go.

So of course, there was quite a lineup of people at the checkout - I ended up in line behind this dude who (I'm guessing) was having a humongous party. On his flatbed cart, he had:
  • 8 cases of Heineken
  • 4 cases of Corona
  • 2 cases of bottled water
  • Bags of frozen oven fries, shirmp, and some other stuff I coudln't identify
And he paid for it all in cash.

The entire time, I was thinking that a) I need to be that guy (or one of his good friends) and b) his weekend life is obviously more exciting than mine.

Oh yeah, in my cart I had oatmeal cookies, cereal bars and a case of water. Woo hoo! Party!

I really need to finish school.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home