Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Waiting for the joke that never happened.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

I had a few blog entries queued up so that's why I had 2 other entries today.

So for the past 2 weeks or so, I've had this cupcake on my desk. A coworker brought it in to celebrate a birthday - They were from a different warehouse club that I do not belong (hint: rhymes with spam's nub). They were actually really good though - the cupcakes had this super light and fluffy frosting on it.

So after a few days, there was one left. As a joke, someone put it on my desk. (I was gone during the last half of the week and then there was the weekend).

When I came back and saw the cupcake, I thought it would be a funny gag to wait until the frosting hardened, chisel it off the cupcake and then hide the frosting in random places on my coworker's desks. Plus, as an unexpected bonus, the baked good made my desk smell nice.

Fast forward to 2 weeks and many coworker comments later...

The frosting will not harden. It's still somewhat soft, mildly fluffy and tacky.

I'm scared to know what was in this frosting.

Anyway, so today I gave up. I threw my lovely air freshener away. I was getting tired of waiting, and of all the different people asking me why I had a 2 week cupcake sitting on my desk. Oh yeah and threatening me with the thought of ants.

(shrug)

Maybe next time.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home