Sunday, October 30, 2005

Radio edit.

Hi all,

Hope you've had a good weekend and are doing well this evening.

This whole time change thing really throws me off. It was dark outside by 5:30 p.m. today. Bleh. And even though the time was only 7ish, it felt like much later (like 9ish).

A couple of things today...

I never thought I'd say it, but for the first time ever, I like the radio edit of a song instead of the album version. I got a chance to listen to the unedited version of the Gwen Stefani song Hollaback Girl. The song gratuitously uses the word "shit" over and over. I can see it used maybe once or twice in the lyrics, but every time I heard the word I disliked the song even more.

Usually it's the other way around. Maybe that rule just applies to rap songs.

Today I ventured into a smelly bath and body store. Usually I can't stand them for more than 5 minutes (the scent overload gives me a headache). I mean, I don't even like walking by the store. But I wanted to get a gift so I took one for the team.

Anyway, for the life of me I coudln't figure out how the store was laid out. Every single square foot of wall space was filled with product.

I was totally overwhelmed.

Not to mention the center of the store was filled with a bunch of random displays too.

I did my due diligence - I walked around the store once, but I coudln't figure out how stuff was organized. By color? By use? By scent? By body part?

And yes, apparently there is a difference between hand and body lotion. Who knew?

So I broke down and asked for help.

The sales lady could see the beads of sweat building on my forehead and could sense my fear.

All I wanted was apple scented hand lotion. Nice and simple.

Could you believe it? The whole freakin store of wall to wall scents and lotions, nothing was just "apple" scented. There was seasonal apple cut with vanilla or something else - too holiday-ish. We walked around the store, and she showed me like 10 different products (I'm not lying).

I swear, after a few, they all smelled the same.

And the kicker was that she coudln't really tell me what the difference was between one product and the next. They were all "rejuvenating" or "repairing," and "really good."

Come on.

So I finally made my decision, paid for the thing, and got the hell out of the store.

I think I'm traumatized.

I'm really hoping that what I selected was ok - I don't even remember what product or scent I ended up going with.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home