Saturday, November 05, 2005

NY ramblings

Hi all,

It's me again. Just a few thoughts about my trip to NY...

New York City is amazing. I went back for the second time this year and it was a totally different experience. I did very little touristy stuff (besides walking around on the last day) and never stepped foot underground (to ride the subway). I didn't shop much either. this time's trip was a little bit more confined to a smaller area. We were all over the place last time.

But like last time, I could feel myself feeling tense just walking around the city. Just seeing people hurriedly walk around made me feel like I should hurry and get to my destination soon as well. It didn't help that we had to get back to catch a plane, so that probably to added to the whole experience as well.

Of course, we were out during the morning rush hour, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

But as much as I love the city, I don't think I could live there. Although there is some allure about walking to work, and seeing cool events on the way (like the filming of a TV show). Or, knowing that your city serves as a backdrop for quite a few movies. Ahh well, I think I'll be lost in suburbia forever.

Plus I don't think I could ever afford to live in the city.

What else...

It seems like all social functions nowadays need to involve a lot of drinking. Has it always been that way? Is it just me, or does it seem like there's more emphasis on it? College doesn't count - I'm talking about the "real world." Maybe it's just one of those things I've become more sensitive to. (shrug)

Perhaps I should buy stock in alcohol distributors...

Speaking of drinking, the posh NYC scene seems to have an artesian water fetish. At the W, I got to try Norwegian artesian water - Voss. I mostly enjoyed the shampoo bottle-esque packaging - Very different. And at the penthouse bar, I got to try Fiji Natural Artesian Water. Unlike wine, I was able to detect small dfferences in taste, but I coudln't tell you exactly what the difference was. So I'm definitely not a water connoisseur. Yet.

Ahh well. that's all for now...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home