Monday, March 31, 2003

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well. Through the miracles of technology, I am writing this to you from the comfort of my bed. Kinda crazy. I know, I know, I'm pretty late in the wireless game, but I just can't get over how fun this is going to be. I can pretty much sit and surf from anywhere in (and hopefully around) the house. Woo hoo!

Why am I writing this to you from my bed? Kind of Doogie Houser M.D.-esque, I was thinking I would put down some words before I go to bed. And this way, I could be closer to my bed, in hopes of someday eventually getting to the point where I can go to bed early. But there is just so much to do!

So let's see. Today instead of going to work as usual, I had to go to this new employee thing at the bank. It was ok. Not as painful as I thought it would be, but I guess I got out of one day of regular work - Although there were definitely times when I wished I were doing real work instead of doing this orientation stuff. But it was all good. I got to meet some nifty people today (the ones sitting around my table), and learn some stuff about my benefits and whatnot. Unfortunately, none of my benefits start until May... Kind of a bummer, but hey, what can you do?

The best part of it was when I was reminded that the bank is a totally different type of culture that I'm used to. The first session was your generic welcome stuff and whatnot. But then, later on that morning, we had this really really tall woman come and talk to us about 401k stuff. Now the first session was just normal powerpoint presentation stuff, no big thing... But the lady that did the 401k presentation had to "set up" for her presentation with something that she called a "technology change." So I was expecting a swapping of laptop, right? Wrong. She brings out the overhead projector... Mind you, I haven't seen an overhead projector presentation in ages. Probably since undergrad. Now it wasn't one of those scrolly transparency things where she wrote freestyle, but she had some nifty color overhead transparencies with some clip art. I was thoroughly impressed. Mind you, the presentation was just as effective, without the screen transitions and fancy backgrounds. Back to basics, I tell you. Back to basics ;)

So let's see, what else is new...

As I was cleaning out my car the other day, I noticed that my car seats were fading pretty badly. My normal grey interior was becoming a weird purplish color. Not good. So to combat the effects of the sun (since I no longer have covered parking while I'm at work), I bought some car seat covers from Target. I wanted to have a little fun, so I got the Asian boy rice rocket zebra print fuzzy seat covers. I know many of your are probably scratching and shaking your heads. I liked the look. I could have gotten the not as fuzzy seat covers that look like they belong in a Buick Century, but I decided to have a little fun :)

-Kirk





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home