Sunday, May 18, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you're doing well this evening, and have had a great weekend.

So where was I? I'm sure I'm not going to be able to remember as much as yesterday, but I was really in no condition to write any more - I was falling asleep - I didn't even go through my complete dental care procedure last night. I just brushed.

Just one quick thing about the $43k ring ($45580.00 after Michigan Sales Tax) - just for anyone that was curious, if you were go go by the traditional rule of 2 months salary, for this ring (without state sales tax) you'd have to make $258,000.00 a year post-tax. Pre-tax (if you're at the 33% tax bracket which you would be making that much paper) you're talking about $400,000.00 a year. I know, I rounded up, but hey, you have to pay for some of your benefits ;)

OK OK, so enough about the ring. Sheesh.

So at the shopping mecca, builders and the stores have built and furnished a 6000 square foot "house" inside the floor space of a vacant store space. We're talking really really nice stuff inside. It would be a Better Homes and Gardens / Architectural Digest wet dream. But it was weird. I felt like I was in some chateau. For some reason, the lighting felt really dim all throughout the display. So it was like being on the set of Joe Millionaire's house, but during a brownout. Hard to explain. We just walked through it pretty quickly, since we were kind of in a hurry. I'll probably go back sometime. After I walked out, I was so glad to be outside in the mall again, to be touched by natural light. As you went in the "house" display, there was this lady standing there. Just standing there. Not really greeting, I'm guessing she was just there to make sure people didn't steal stuff. She seemed so lifeless - I tried saying hi to her, but she was just so uninterested. I think the dim lights in the chateau were sucking the life out of her. I think she wished the brownout would end as well.

So yesterday, I also got a chance to do the 2 step wax process on the supaflyride again. A little cool outside, but I was able to wear shorts and a t-short to do the deed. Good stuff. I am really starting to see the value add of the 2 step process, especially at dusk.

Every so often I hear a song that I haven't heard in a long time - and I forget how good of a song it is. This time? Al Green - Let's stay together. Another good classic tune. Just in case you can't tell, I'm taking a hiatus from top 40 music again. I'm going through shite music overload. Don't get me wrong, there's some good tunes on the radio, but I am just not feeling the rasta man / reggae groove that quite a few songs have nowadays. Ugh.

I was on the phone pretty late last night with my brother - Till like 2 or so. So I slept in till 11 today...

My mom and I did some shopping around town (I was not very lucky in finding anything today), went out to dinner - it was nice. It's probably the first time she's been out an about since she came back from the homeland. She's diggin most of the the Gap mother's day gifts. Some stuff didn't fit, so we had to take them back today. The mall was quite deserted for a Sunday afternoon - wasn't sure what the dilly was with that. We need to buy more! :)

Tomorrow it's back to the daily grind. Woo hoo!

Talk to you later. I'm going to try to get to bed "early" tonite. Dunno if that's going to happen.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home