Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you're doing well. I got back from my photography class today, went upstairs, changed, and got into bed with my laptop. Now that's a good night ;)

Our field session is going to be this weekend at 9 a.m. Sheesh. That's early. But it should be fun. We're supposedly going to have the session come rain or shine. I'm hoping for good weather. I am not looking forward to taking my time and composing pictures in the pouring rain.

So one quick rant. It was a beautiful afternoon today. I can't really vouch for the morning, because I was inside for most of it. Anyway, I drove home with the windows down, stereo cranked. What is it about people with convertibles that won't put the top down? We're in Michigan. You have a very limited window of time to drive around with your convertible top down. We're talking part of spring (when it's not raining) and fall (when it's not silly cold). Otherwise, it's either super cold or frickin hot. So I saw some dude with a really nice Beetle convertible with the top up, and just the rear windows open. Lame. You should get your Beetle repoed, man.

I think the worst offenders are those individuals that drive their convertibles with the windows up, but the top down when it's nice outside. Don't be telling me it's too windy or you don't want your hair to get messed up. If that's true, then you belong in a coupe or sedan with a sunroof. Not a convertible. Please. Don't even get me started on drivers that have the convertible top and front windows down, but they leave their rear side windows up. What is the deal with that?

Isn't the whole principle of having an open top roadster the feeling of sun in your face, wind in your hair? How many commercials do you see where the drivers have the top down and windows up? I mean, come on, Celine Dion Drove All Night to get to you in her Sebring Convertible. She didn't have the windows up in her commercial.

So I'm listening to the radio, right? That Marvin Gaye Sexual Healing song has a great bass line.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home