Sunday, May 11, 2003

Oh yeah, forgot to say...

On Friday, a coupla friends and I went to a gallery tour in one of the more toity parts of town. It was pretty cool. We had dinner at Cosi which was super tasty. The bread that they make is so tasty. The only thing that was kind of wacky was that all of the staff wears black. Like monocrhomatic style. I don't get it. Is it to add to the trendiness of the place? Whatever. I didn't feel any more trendy than I was.

On the opposite end, I was wearing my escape convict construction barrel orange shirt that I love. I was definitely visible, which helped as I haphazardly crossed the street as if I were in Ann Arbor again.

Anyway, I was impressed, as some galleries had food and whatnot. I had heard about stuff like that, just never actually thought I'd see it, I guess. Earlier in the night, the place was fairly busy. A good flow of people when the place started. But I guess when the after dinner hour came around, a bunch of the galleries were packed. So mental note - have food at my gallery tour. I'll have to turn people away at the door :)

I was ok with the earlier crowd. But as the night progressed on, I felt a little out of place, as the clientele seemed to get more pretentious by the minute. I didn't see any major deals go down (selling wise), so it seemed more like a social event (which was pretty much what I expected, I guess).

Now also, as the night progressed, there were more and more high school kids around. Especially crowded around the movie theater. I guess that's the thing to do or something :)

Anyway, all in all, I think I'd like to do a gallery tour again. The event got me to see more of the city than the main parts that I know, so that was good.

Have a good night!

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home