Sunday, May 04, 2003

Hey all,

The weeks go by way too fast. The weekends, even faster!

So let's see. Somebody called the wrong number this morning and woke me from my slumber. Dissed. I was up pretty late last night, so I was going to sleep in. Don't worry, I manged to get back to sleep after my rude awakening...

So I got up around noon-ish, or so. Opened up the windows, and I was just blown away by how nice and sunny it was outside. Unfotunately, I forgot to wash my car towels from last week, so I was unable to 2 step wax the supaflyride. I was intending on just washing it though. The key word is intending...

Anyway, I decided to get out my digital camera and try to shoot some pics around the house with some of the stuff that I learned in my photography class. Unfortunately, my digicam isn't as robust as a regular SLR, so I had to kind of make do. I am still resisting the urge to break out my dad's 35mm SLR. I guess I'm just trying to make it work with mine. We'll see.

So after much swearing and referencing of the manual, I could not get my camera to mimic the focal point adjustments that you can do with a SLR's f stops and whatnot. Kind of a bummer. And stuff that the camera said was in focus was definitely not. I know I have bad eyesight, but come on. So yeah, I think I lost a ton of time there. Oh well. Do I know my camera better? Ummm. Probably not. :)

But the teacher said that the only way to learn is to just use the camera and get practice. I'm glad I'm using digital - I don't feel as bad taking random shots and hoping that they turn out ok ;)

I also did some light cleaning today. Just preparing for my mom coming back home. I love the Clorox ready mop thing my mom has. I was going crazy with that thing. I was like Mr. Clean but without the bald head and the muscles and stuff. OK, so I was nothing like Mr. Clean :)

Other than that, it's been a pretty uneventful day.

I guess I bored the lady that was trying to IM me yesterday. She hasn't contacted me since. Maybe she was reading my blog and got scared away. Dissed.

Tomorrow it's back to work!

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home