Monday, June 23, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you're doing well today. I'm writing so late this evening because of 2 reasons:
1) I have the day off tomorrow
2) I wanted to write while my thoughts while they were still fresh.

I write this to you with a happy heart. :) It's been a while, but it feels good. At least, I think I feel happy. Why? I just got back from Helen's wedding. I made my entertainment debut by doing some music playing and really light emceeing. Gotta give a shout-out to my cohorts Geneman and Jeff for all of their help this evening.

I definitely enjoyed the experience, but I'm glad it's over as well. Weddings can be quite crazy.

So anyway, the main reason why I wanted to write was because I wanted to record this feeling that I'm having of content. For the past few weeks, I've been becoming more anxiety-ridden about seeing my ex-girlfriend (a.k.a. the X) with her fiancee at Helen's wedding this past Sunday. Mentally preparing and bracing for the worst awkward moments, repressed anger and depression, etc., all of my worries were for pretty much nothing. She still was pretty genuine (as far as I could tell) and we carried on like good friends. For that one moment, I truly felt happy for her and I finally got the big C. Closure. Yes, that seven letter word made popular by Friends. I think, after almost 6 years, I finally have it. It's about freakin' time.

Seriously though, I missed her, in a totally different way. I missed having her in my life - not as a girlfriend, just as a friend. At the end of the night, I was a little bummed that I would probably never see her again, but I guess I was ok with that. I don't think I could ever call her up (nor would she call me), maybe just an exchange of e-mail here and there. We'll see, I guess. I'd be very curious to know how she felt about the whole situation tonight as well. I guess it'll just be a mystery for now.

OK, must go to sleep now. I'll probably write more late :)

Peace,
Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home