Thursday, June 26, 2003

Sometimes I wish I worked somewhere different. At an employer that had more short-term benefits. I'm not talking about health benefits and normal runof the mill stuff like that. I'm talking about the good stuff (the "extras" or "perks") that you may get on a semi regular basis. You know, like free tickets, discounts on stuff, etc.

It would be nice could get a discount on purchasing an automobile. Can you imagine what the parking lot at Rolls Royce looks like? If I worked for one of the big 3, I'd be able to get some kickass lease / purchase rates. If I worked for an electronics giant (like Sony), you can bet your ass that I'd be sporting some cool shite. I think even cooler would be a job where you could get some perks that you can pass along to friends and family.

This evening, I was talking to Laura about how she can indirectly get a new car discount from a family purchase program because someone in her immediate family worked for Ford. How cool would that be. You'd be able to get a new car without much haggling. Perfect.

And back in the day when you just knew someone that worked for a car company, and you could get some sort of friends and family discount? Those were indeed the good days.

Oh well. Maybe at my next job ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home