Thursday, August 07, 2003

Hi all,

I have had quite the swanky day. If it were not one small glitch at the end, it would have been perfect :)

I worked from about 8:00 till noon - About 12:30, I left for a coworker's house that was about 30 minutes away from work. It was a beautiful day, so I took off the sunroof of the supaflyride. Open air cruising, with the radio blasting - good stuff.

Once we got to the house, it was almost like I had gone to an up north cottage. A nicely sized ranch home, with walkout basement - and of course, the jewel of the crown, lake frontage on a private sports lake. Awww yeah baby!

All afternoon we lounged at the pool, rode the jet ski, went on boat rides, had great food, good conversation. Totally fun. I've not had a day like that in a long time.

Of course, now I want a jet ski :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a lake to put it in, nor do I have the car to properly pull one around... Oh well, one day my toys will come. But that is some good stuff to look forward to!

So I ended up rolling back home in the supaflyride - With the sunroof off, of course (foreshadowing here)...

I noticed that the sky was looking a little dark towards the direction of home. So I was driving from the brignt sunny skies into darker, more ominous looking sky. I was feeling pretty good, so I thought I'd chance it and see if I could make it home in time before any nasty weather hit me (more foreshadowing).

The rain hit me like a slap in the face (literally). 2 exits from my normal exit, the skies just opened up and it rained like hell. Here I am, a mile away from the nearest exit, and it was seriously pouring water into my car. I'm glad I was going on the highway, because most of the water went into the back. Well, that was until I stopped at the next exit, slowed down, looked for a place to slow down and get out of my car to put the sunroof back on.

I think I managed to get out of my car, open the trunk, get the sunroof out and put it back on the car in record time. I was in super fast motion! Alas, even though I seemed to work really fast, I was totally drenched. Not fun.

So here I am, driving home in a wet car, in a crazy-assed rainstorm.

Once I was 2 miles away from the country home, I crossed the magic line, and there was not a drop of rain anywhere. At all. Needless to say, I was a little unhappy. Crazy-assed Michigan weather.

When I got home, I had to dry everything off - I'm glad I had my camera in the Pelican case. I had forgotten that the camera was in the passenger seat so the case was pretty rain soaked.

(sigh)

So other than that minor downpour on the trip home, I had a very enjoyable time. I'd like to go jetskiing again sometime.

I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow! hopefully I'll sleep well tonight.

As a sidenote, my step count right now is 12,500. But I think this number is a little skewed. I did walk a ton today, but think the pedometer was counting the bouncy bounces that I was getting from the jetskiing. Oh well, now it's noted.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home