Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Hi all,

Hope all's well tonight on this nice cool (but kinda rainy) evening.

Unfortunately, I hadn't properly recovered from my early Monday morning - I was ok at work, but I just totally crashed after dinner. I fell asleep on the couch for about an hour and a half or so. I couldn't wake up. I tried to get to bed early, but I was up late again last night IM'ing my brother.

When I did manage to wake up, it was 8:00 p.m. I hadn't exercised in a little less than a week, so I had to exercise. Once I started treadmilling, I was good to go. I caught up on some of the reruns of the Osbournes. Of course, in typical fashion, I will have to watch the episodes a few times to catch everything. I've not been keeping up with the show for these last 2 seasons. It's not that I don't like the show anymore, I just seem to forget to watch. My TV habits have finally changed. :) At least until the new shows come up in the fall :)

I was very forgetful today. I managed to leave my celly and pedometer at home. So I didn't register any steps at work. (not that I had that many anyway). So, right now, the counter's at 8100. Crazy that it's mostly just from treadmilling. I forgot to report what the step cuont was yesterday. I don't have my record thingy here (the lady at work has it and she didn't give it back to me).

So I have a minor gripe. Yesterday I spent a good amount of time washing and waxing the supaflyride, right? Well, I parked in my usual spot at work under a tree (for maximum shade). Well, it rained pretty hard today. Luckily, I ran out and closed my sunroof before stuff got all crizazzy.

So after work, I get out to the car and was just so shocked. The front of my car was just covered with bird shit. I'm talking all over the hood, on the winsheild, and on the bumper. Just turds all over. Everything must have gotten washed out of the tree - totally disgusting. I guess the positive thing is that it was just solid stuff, and not the fun stuff that usually accompanies bird droppings.

Some of the stuff flew off on the drive home. Once I got home, I had to bring out the garden hose and do some freshwater rinse :) My neighbours must think I'm nuts. OCD baby! He washes his car on Sunday, then Tuesday, after a rainstorm, when it looks like it'll rain again. Heh. Anyway, after some high pressure water rinsing, all is good in the hood (no pun intended) :)

Tomorrow, our umbrella organization is doing some diversity activities, and I will be playing "Diversity Jeopardy" on a team against my boss. It should be fun. Hopefully all that diversity stuff that I learned at umich will somehow help me :) We've convinced the whole department to show up and cheer us on. A house divided :) Should be fun though.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home