Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Hiya,

Another cool evening. Perfect for sleeping. :)

I can't believe it's 10:30 already. Where does the time go. Once I finish dinner and treadmilling, it's pretty much 10:00 p.m. It's good and it's bad. I want to stay healthy, but at the same time, I want to have time to do "stuff."

That's the other thing. I'm trying to define what "stuff" is/will be.

I'm on the hunt for a new hobby. I stuff to do that doesn't require a computer and a net connection as it's main thing. i'm jealous of Brizzai who goes fly fishing, hunts, and other stuff like that. Make no mistake. I could not do the outdoors thing, unless my tent looked a lot like a motel/hotel, and being outside means sitting in the shade or with a fine atmosphere of cool air conditioning. I can do the outside thing, just in smaller quantities. I may want to try fishing one day. There seems to be something theoretically calm about it. sitting out on the water, being fairly quiet, etc.

Which has now led me to think about boating. Boating, while fun, seems to be quite the expensive sport, hobby, whatever you call it. There's the cost of the marina / boat slip, maintenance, gasoline, winterization, etc., etc. Craziness. But then, that same amount of money put towards a boat could be put towards the convertible dream. I just want the toys now, when I should theoretically be saving. Isn't that how it always is? Both the boat and a convertible are seasonal items, only used during the few months of the Michigan weather when it's warm and fairly nice outside. Ahh well, I'll have to file these into the"long term" folder.

I was a walking fiend today! Right now, the count is 16,200 steps. That's gotta be my all time high for the past week and a half. Nifty.

Diversity Jeopardy was fun. We didn't win, but I at least beat Brian's team :) I felt bad for the group who put it together though - I think the turnout wasn't as great as they would have liked. Ahh well.

Tomorrow's the department outing. We're going to our coworker's house which is on a lake. Should be fun. It'll be weird to see my coworkers in regular clothes :)

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home