Thursday, October 23, 2003

Hi all,

It's open enrollment time for me at work this week. I'm really glad I don't work at a larger company where there's a billion different choices to wade through to find out what's best for you. My head already hurts from going through all of the product literature that came with my enrollment package. This will be my first full open enrollment, so I need to make sure I make the right choices. The other scary thing is that I'll be locked into these choices for the next year. Unless I have a "major life event" or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the choices, it's just a tad overwhelming at times.

I had to take a break. I'll look at the stuff again this weekend.

Sometimes I wonder if people are ever going to find out how much of a hack I can be at times. For stuff that I don't know well, that is. for instance, take today: I was helping someone do some stuff within the content management system for our website, and he was having some major issues with a page. He cried uncle and called us for help. I had no clear idea on how to help him. I just kind of poked around here and there, and hacked up a solution. I know that my solution probably wasn't the right/best way to do it, but the stuff that I did just made it work somehow. (shrug) who knows. The mysteries of technology.

Have you tried iTunes yet? If you have, make sure you have a listen to the radio station called Music One. It's under the "International" genre :) I've been listening to it nonstop whenever I'm on the computer at home. The description reads, "UK & European Dance - Commercial Free." Check it out.

it's jeans day Friday and payday tomorrow!

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home