Tuesday, October 14, 2003

hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

I wrote out the check to the reunion organizer for the 65 bucfks. It'll be mailed out tomorrow. There's no turning back now :)

I guess I have a little anxiety about it, but nothing major. Come the end of November, it'll be a different story, I'm sure.

So we're supposed to write like 5-7 sentences about ourselves that we want to share with our classmates for this "alumni book." I'm really not sure what to say. I wasn't even sure where to start! I want the tone to be light and fun, and not too serious. So I've gone through a few iterations - Here's my favorite:

Hi everyone - Hope all's well with you. Spent 6 years at the University
of Michigan doing my undergrad and grad work. Now I'm a small cog in the
machinery of the Man. Pretty sure that I'm not married, no kids. Still
dream of one day becoming a pop star and launching my own clothing line ;)
Peace, Kirk.


But my brother and I agreed that it teetered on the line of factual and just plain silly. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If you knew me, this would not be anything out of the ordinary of my usual self, I think. For those that don't know me as well, I'm sure an eyebrow (or two) would be raised :)

So I've crafted a more toned down version. Without the pop star/clothing line sentence. Which really, is a secret dream of mine. A more recent one, actaully. My previous secret dream was to own a hip discotheque :) In da club! ;)

I'm going to sleep on it and see what I think of it tomorrow. Then I'll send the thing out. I just thought I'd share one of the previous renditions ;)

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home