Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing well.

I put some major miles on my car today (compared to other days). I drove back and forth from umich, and then had to go downtown for a meeting (that I didn't really want to go to but I did).

Ann Arbor was aiight. Too bad my time there was so short.

Today was the first time I can remember that I've ever driven downtown on my own. I know it sounds lame, but I'm usually riding in someone else's car instead, and just not paying much attention, or I go with someone who tells me exactly where to go.

The drive downtown was not bad at all. But the surprise was at the end of the highway portion of the travel when I was curuising downtown, off the highway.

I was armed with crap-assed directions. I should have known that there was a difference between E. and W. versions of the same street. I had thought about it when I MapQuested it, but I just chose the first choice that came up. Bad idea.

So I'm driving around, looking at landmarks, and was noticing that they looked much closer than I remember them. Luckily, one of my coworkers (who works dizzowntown) was able to rescue me and tell me where to go. Peggy is my hero :)

So as I was trying to get the hell out of dodge on the way back, I was thinking that it's really too bad that I don't know the downtown area very well, and was thinking that I should go back sometime on the weekend and just cruise around the city.

Ahh well, maybe next time.

So does this ever happen to anyone else? Have you ever sat down at the computer, just put your hands on the keyboard and just started typing - just to notice that your hands are shifted, and weird words are showing up? The scary times are when the stuff that you type (with fingers shifted one way or the other) type out words that make sense. Next time I get a real word, I'll pass it along.

A few tunes I've typed my name out, my name came out as Lori. Don't know how why. Although it sounds good for a stage name :)

-Kirk





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home