Sunday, September 28, 2003

Hi all,

While doing my nightly tooth brushing / flossing session, I caught the last 10 or 15 minutes of Jerry Maguire. You know what part I'm talkin about - the bust into the women's support group "you complete me" speech. And then the "you had me hello" part? I know I hadn't seen the movie in a while (can you believe the movie is 7 years old!), but I had forgotten how cheeseball that whole scene was. For some reason, I had thought it was better than that. Oh well. Cute little kid though.

I like romantic movies and romantic comedies - They make up for the lack of romance I've got going on in my life. I know it sounds pathetic, but it's true. But not in a pathetic sort of way ;) Seriously, hear me out: I guess watching movies makes me see "what it could be like." You know, how people meet, how relationships go, etc. So it's kind of something to look forwrad to in a way. But I think all these movies are wacking out my expectations and now I'm expecting everything to fall into place perfectly when I start / have a relationsihp.

I've heard people say and read that in order to make a relationship successful, you have to treat it with as much diligence as you would you job (provided that you are good at your job ;) Sometimes I feel that I'm not ready to do that. I want the good relationship, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to put in all the time to reap the benefits. I think I'm still in a me-centric stage of life.

I was talking with a coworker of mine on Friday. We were talking about relationships and whatnot. She was saying that stuff always happens when you least expect it. I do believe that. that's how I've met all the people that I've (semi-) dated. Kinda crazy.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home