Sunday, November 09, 2003

...dance like no one is watching.

Hi all,

Hope all's well on this fairly chilly November evening.

The weekend is ending for me, but I still have 2 bonus days to use and chill out. Unfortunately, Monday is going to be an "administrative" day - I've already got a few things planned to do in the queue.

I went out to Ann Arbor this afternoon to hang out with Drew. I needed to get out of the house, so we met up for lunch and just some general hanging out time. We did quite a good amount of cruising in the MR2. Kind of accidentally, actually, because we kind of got lost taking an alternate way back to his house. Not to worry though, we managed to make it back in time for me to make dinner with my parentals. Oh yeah, I saw Drew's new home theater equipment - It's pretty swank. It's going to be pretty kickass when it's all setup.

So I'm sure I've mentioned, but I am terrible at e-mail management. Seriously... I have random messages here and there from back in the day (like 1995). I just haven't gotten around to deleting them. It's like I'm worried that one day I'll need that piece of information again (when I probably never will). But of course, like everything else, I'll probably need it the minute I throw it away.

Well, anyway, why did this come up all of a sudden? Every so often, I go through the old old messages to see what I can delete to pare down the mailbox size. I remember at the old network service provider I'd have like 1000 messages in my work mailbox. :) Sad but true.

Anyway, so I came across an old e-mail that a friend of mine from grad school forwarded me. I have always liked the "thought of the day" quote at the end. I got it as an e-mail forward, so I had no idea who has actually written it. With the help of my friend Google, I think I've found out who actually wrote it.

It goes:
Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
And dance like no one is watching.


The original piece is written by Crystal Boyd.

Anyway, I not sure why I like the 3 particular lines so much. I think it's because when I read it the first time, it was really relevant to me. Not so much the first line, but the latter ones.

Now they all apply to me.

As of late, I've had what I'm calling a slight relapse in regards to the X. I know, I know, I'm supposed to have gotten closure, right? But this time, it's different. Yesterday was her birthday - Always easy to for me to remember because she's 16 days older than me. Anyway, so she's been on the mind as of late.

Anyway, back to my so called relapse. That's the thing. It's not a relapse per se, I don't think - But I'm not sure what to call it. It's different. I don't wish to be back with her again, but lately I've caught myself reminiscing about the really nice and sweet things that she used to do for me. I guess I really miss that.

Which is kind of a change. Usually, my relapses are filled with angst about what happened at the end of the relationship and how not so fun it was.

Is this what happens when you get closure? Or is it one of those things that happen over time with anyone that you've had history with? Are the bad memories just shed and you're left with (and just remember) the good? is this what people mean by saying that time heals all wounds?

Oddness.

I do miss her though. It's too bad we don't keep in touch anymore. I did send her a card for her birthday though.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home